One Action a Day for #WOYC
April 6 – 12 is Week of the Young Child (#WOYC), organized across the United States by NAEYC, the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Help Pre-K for PA do a #WOYC takeover! Our NAEYC affiliates and campaign partners in Delaware Valley, Harrisburg and Pittsburgh have put together some simple ways each day so you can put pre-k in the spotlight as we head into the 2014 election:
MONDAY April 7: Dance and get Happy!:
- Pharrell’s fantastic song, “Happy,” is taking over pre-k circle time! Use your camera phone to film your children dancing to this upbeat, infectious song. For early education providers, be sure to have a photo permission slip on hand for each child filmed. Email your video to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include it in DVAEYC’s exclusive “Happy” video to be released soon!
TUESDAY April 8: Parent Selfies – #IAmPreK:
- Pre-K for PA is taking #IAmPreK on the road. Parents: snap a quick selfie on your way in or out today. Tag #IAmPreK and send it to Harrisburg by also tagging #PaGov.
WEDNESDAY April 9: Register to Vote!:
- The voice that counts is the voice that votes. But folks cannot vote of they are not registered! Ask your friends and family to register to vote at VotesPa.com, or organize a voter registration at your preschool or community event. Get registration forms at your nearest Post Office or download here. Contact a Pre-K for PA field office if you need help setting up a table.
THURSDAY April 10: Pre-K Throwback Thursday (#TBT):
- Get out those childhood photos because today is Pre-K Throwback Thursday! Snap a photo (with your phone’s camera is easiest) of your cutest vintage pre-k age photo and post to Pre-K for PA’s Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram with #TBT and #IAmPreK.
FRIDAY April 11: Take a walk, poster the community:
- Take your children on a walk in the community. Bring a Pre-K for PA poster to a local business or library and ask that it be hung in the window. Have your children take this message: We want all children to have a good school like ours. To get a poster, contact a Pre-K for PA field office or email DVAEYC staff in Southeastern PA: Bucks and Montgomery Counties – Mary Jo Grieve, Chester and Delaware counties – Mary Ellen Mannix, Philadelphia – Suzann Morris.
Have another #WOYC idea? Email email@example.com and let us know.