BECOME A CAMPAIGN VOLUNTEER
CONTACT LEGISLATIVE LEADERS
Call Governor Wolf 717-787-2500
MAKE A CALL TODAY
WRITE OR RESPOND
MAKE A VISIT
- Sign up: to adopt your legislator!
- Look up: your state senator and representative at www.tinyurl.com/palegis by typing in your program’s address in the form.
- Hang up: your monthly theme/activity sheet and keep it in a visible location, like the teacher’s lounge, classroom wall, or cork board.
- Plan it: by committing to an activity for the classroom each month through June. Use our suggested calendar themes or craft your own!
- Document it: by taking photos or videos and share them with your Pre-K for PA field organizer and we’ll feature your updates on Pre-K for PA’s social media sites!
- Send it: along (or drop off) projects and activities to your adopted state legislators each month. Include your own note or use the sample notes we’ll provide to you.
- Invite: your legislators to read to your classroom during Week of the Young Child or anytime!
- Push it: Legislators have busy schedules. While meeting with constituents is important to them, sometimes you have to reach out more than once.
- Give thanks: Periodically recognize and thank your adopted legislator. Extend a personal letter, include an article in the family newsletter or host a small reception for the work he/she has done on behalf of early childhood education.
MONTHLY THEMES & ACTIVITIES
Early learning professionals work every day to offer productive and FUN activities for young learners during their most formative years. We want to help you get the resources you need to serve each student in your classroom. We invite you to download our monthly calendar of themes if you’d like to follow along with us.
We’ll update this page with suggested monthly activities, social media posts, and dates of interest. You are welcome to use our suggestions or you can always add your own creative spin!
Developmentally appropriate activities: Click here to download suggestions for monthly activities aligned with our themes
Communicate with your legislators
Send photos, videos, and updates to your representatives via social media. We assembled each legislator’s social media profiles (where available) on Facebook and Twitter–you can download the full list here.
Download a PDF of this Adoption Certificate.
(Centre, Clarion, Cameron, Clearfield, Clinton, Elk, Jefferson, Mckean, Potter, Tioga)
Pennsylvania Association for the Education of Young Children
United Way of York County
United Way of Lancaster County
(Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia)
Public Citizens for Children and Youth
215-563-5848 ext. 28
Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children
(Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington & Westmoreland)
Pittsburgh Association for the Education of Young Children
Head Start Programs (families and staff)
Pennsylvania Head Start Association
Pre-K for PA's work is possible only through generous contributions from the 1675 Foundation, The Donley Foundation, GE Employees Community Service Fund, The Heinz Endowments, The Philadelphia Foundation, and William Penn Foundation.